Re: CCREE performance on R-Car H3 + crash

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 10:51 AM, Geert Uytterhoeven
<geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Gilad,
>
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 9:32 AM Gilad Ben-Yossef <gilad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I've tried booting your tree and see the same behavior - "Unsupported
>> data size" error message but no crash.
>>
>> I'm running on an Savator-X R-Car H3 ES1.0 board.
>>
>> Not really sure how to proceed.
>>
>> Maybe you can send me your exact .config file?
>
> I cannot reproduce the crash using renesas_defconfig + CONFIG_CRYPTO_DEV_CCREE=y
> + CONFIG_CRYPTO_USER_API_SKCIPHER=y.
>
> I can reproduce it on Salvator-X with R-Car H3 ES1.0 and Salvator-XS with
> R-Car H3 ES2.0 using the attached config.

OK, found what the problem was (SLAB vs. SLUB is what makes the
problem manifest as a crash, I think).

Just sent fixes to the crypto mailing list. I've spared the Renesas
list since it's not really related to it but CCed you.
I'd be delighted if you can give it a test.

Thank you very much for reporting and assistance!

Gilad

--
Gilad Ben-Yossef
Chief Coffee Drinker