IPSec for data over raw socket

Hello,

	IPSec doesn't seem to work with packets sent from RAW socket.
I think this is as per the design of RAW socket, that they bypass the
transport layer. But as they enter the core IP layer,
and there is a policy to protect, they should get protected. But this
does not happen?
Any clues?

Also, if this is not possible, how can we use kernel IPSec to protect
RAW socket data.

Thanks,
Prashant