Re: IV copy strategy

On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 12:11:32AM +0100, Sebastian Siewior wrote:

> and everything goes back to normal. I checked walk.iv and it doesn't
> change, it is still the same pointer. Do you free the walk.iv in the
> meantime or is there another BUG I don't see? The IV length is 16 bytes.
> Currently I'm lost ...

Indeed the last call to blkcipher_walk_done will free the IV if
we had to copy it due to an alignment mismatch.  Since geode has
an alignment of 16 bytes, that's almost a given.

You could copy from/to desc->info instead which would solve the
problem.

However, why does op->iv exist at all? Surely we can just use
walk->iv directly and the problem goes away completely?

Cheers,
-