Re: [1/1 take 2] HIFN 795x driver.

Hi Evgeniy:

On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 12:41:19PM +0400, Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:

> It has to be multiple of blocksize. I.e. it is impossible to
> crypt one byte - hardware will stall, DES test provides two bytes as
> input - this will not work. If that is going to be handled in driver,
> then it will relocate. I'm not sure it is the right decision.

Right.  However you can't force the user to give you data that's
always layed out in blocks.  For example, an IP fragment might give
you an sg element that's only half an AES block.

You should either use the blkcipher walking helpers to avoid
this or do your own copying when you detect that you have a
partial block in an sg element.

Also, the MAY_BACKLOG option must be implemented or dm-crypt
won't work properly.

Thanks,
-