Re: [ACRYPTO] New asynchronous crypto layer (acrypto) release.

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 03:34:40PM +0200, Andreas Jellinghaus (aj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> >Btw, async provider only supports AES-128 in CBC mode, so if you try
> >different ciphers, there can be some problems.
>
> my code does
>
> SECTORS=`blockdev --getsize /dev/hda3`
>
> echo 0 $SECTORS crypt aes-cbc-essiv:sha256 $ROOTKEY 0 /dev/hda3 0 \
>         |dmsetup create root
>
> so this is not compatible with acrypto I guess :(
> any special reason why acrypto is limited this way?

I'm lazy and I did not implemented async provider so it would request
other ciphers. It is not limitation of acrypto, but instead of software
async_provider, which should be extended to support any kind of ciphers,
instead of precompiled one.

> guess that limitation needs to go away before it can be added to
> the linux kernel, or some workaround so dm-crypt will fall back on
> not using acrypto or something like that in order to not brake existing
> and working installations.

Well, I guess async_provider itself should go away, instead I will
change synchronous cryptoapi code to register itself as acrypto device
when new tfm is created.

--
	Evgeniy Polyakov
-