Re: Different behavior of POSIX file locks depending on cache mode

This was interesting to dig through (and netfs caching changes made it
a little harder to trace the original code) but it looks fixable. See
cifs_find_fid_lock_conflict() in fs/smb/client/file.c.   It does not
look new though - so let me know if you noticed that the behavior in
earlier kernels was different for the default case (smb3.1.1 mounts
with caching enabled).

The problem seems to be that locking is enforced only in some write
paths, but these places where we do write vs. byte range locking
checks (although at first glance may seem logical) obviously do not
follow POSIX semantics which would allow a write to a locked range
(even if POSIX behavior is counter-intuitive and different from
Windows semantics).  Two obvious things to fix that I see so far:

1) It was harder than expected to trace since looks like we don't have
good dynamic (or static for that matter) tracepoints for the write and
write error paths (although netfs fortunately has a few) - so
obviously should add a few tracepoints to make it easier to narrow
this kind of thing down in the future
2) We need to make changes to how we check lock conflicts.  See
cifs_writev() and its call to cifs_find_lock_conflict(). It looks like
this is the original commit that may have caused the problem:
commit 85160e03a79e0d7f9082e61f6a784abc6f402701