Re: Different behavior of POSIX file locks depending on cache mode

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Contribute

> There are two other fairly simple problems (with basic SMB3.1.1
> behavior), e.g. ctime not being updated in a few obvious cases (which
> is not really a POSIX only issue, as it also affects default mounts
> from Windows to Samba)  which we hit in SMB3.1.1 POSIX - that I would
> love to see fixes for so we could restart our regular test automation
> to Samba from Linux (cifs.ko SMB3.1.1 POSIX mounts)

Very happy to help you get set up for small smbd patches, particularly
if it helps move this along.

Let me know your gitlab account once you create it, and I can bless it
for access as a Samba Team member (please also update the team contacts
file).

Andrew Bartlett

Samba Team Lead                https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba
Catalyst.Net Ltd

Proudly developing Samba for Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group
company

Samba Development and Support: https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba

Catalyst IT - Expert Open Source Solutions