Re: Nested NTFS volumes within Windows SMB share may result in inode collisions in linux client

Andrew Walker <awalker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On my Windows server I mounted multiple NTFS volumes within the same
> share and played around until I was able to create directories with
> the same fileid number.

Did you try it with 'noserverino' mount option?  For more information,
see mount.cifs(8).

Did it work with older kernels?

> Windows identifies mounted volumes via reparse point:
> https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/fileio/determining-whether-a-directory-is-a-volume-mount-point

Perhaps we could conditionally stop trusting file ids sent by the server
as we currently do for hardlinks when we see these reparse points as
well.