Re: Kerberos mount testing and buildbot

On Fri, 30 Sept 2022 at 13:15, Steve French <smfrench@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I noticed  we should be running more tests to kerberos mounts e.g.
> cifs-utils/102.
>
> Did I miss any?  Any thoughts about running this as part of the main
> cifs-testing group as well?  Adding more kerberos tests?

That sounds good. In libsmb2 I had issues in the past with kerberos
and gss-api wrapping ntlmssp and in this combination neither sign or
seal would work
because the combination of kerberos implementation (mit) and ntlmssp I
used could not provide the session key to the application.

I think at the very least we should have one test to verify kerberos
with krb5,  kerberos with ntlmssp and also in combination with both
sign and seal.
Not all tests, it should be enough with one test of each case and that
could just be to test we can mount and access the share, so the
tests should run very quickly.

Possibly we should have this small block of tests against all servers
where it is possible, Windows/Samba/ksmbd/azure