Re: SMB client testing wiki

Tom Talpey <tom@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On 8/26/2022 12:01 PM, Paulo Alcantara wrote:
>> Tom Talpey <tom@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>
>>> Easy enough! How do I know if it "passes" though? My understanding
>>> is that a bunch of tests are expected to fail, or at least warn.
>>> Do I need to test a clean client, then compare results? Or am I
>>> misunderstanding, and FSTYP=cifs is taking care of it?
>>
>> That's a really good question.  We have a pre-defined list of tests that
>> get run by a specfic SMB version, server, if multichannel, etc.
>
> Yeah, there are a few exclusion files on the wiki, but they look
> really old. Also, I cannot believe that "vers=3.0" is the proper
> default, as linked there!!!

Yeah :-(  We should definitely update it.

>> Steve might send you the list of pre-defined tests that get run on our
>> buildbot so you can try it out.  He usually keeps those lists
>> up-to-date.
>
> The buildbot doesn't do RDMA, or I'd consider that. But it's a lot
> more convenient to have a local harness either way.

It currently doesn't, unfortunately.  You could at least get the same
set of tests that run over 3.1.1 against samba and/or ksmbd and then
change mount options to get RDMA enabled.  And of course, let us know
when you get it working and let's add it to our buildbot as well ;-)