Re: SMB client testing wiki

On 8/26/2022 12:01 PM, Paulo Alcantara wrote:
Tom Talpey <tom@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Easy enough! How do I know if it "passes" though? My understanding
is that a bunch of tests are expected to fail, or at least warn.
Do I need to test a clean client, then compare results? Or am I
misunderstanding, and FSTYP=cifs is taking care of it?

That's a really good question.  We have a pre-defined list of tests that
get run by a specfic SMB version, server, if multichannel, etc.

Yeah, there are a few exclusion files on the wiki, but they look
really old. Also, I cannot believe that "vers=3.0" is the proper
default, as linked there!!!

Steve might send you the list of pre-defined tests that get run on our
buildbot so you can try it out.  He usually keeps those lists
up-to-date.

The buildbot doesn't do RDMA, or I'd consider that. But it's a lot
more convenient to have a local harness either way.

Thanks!

Tom.