Re: kernel-5.18.8 breaks cifs mounts

Am 04.07.22 um 10:12 schrieb Shyam Prasad N:
On Fri, Jul 1, 2022 at 2:07 AM Enzo Matsumiya <ematsumiya@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 06/30, Julian Sikorski wrote:
Openmediavault 6.0.30 running on top of armbian bullseye. The samba
package version is 4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u3.

[ ... ]

16d5d9100927 smb3: use netname when available on secondary channels

initally, and reverting it did not help. Reverting

ca83f50b43a0 smb3: fix empty netname context on secondary channels

makes the mounts work again.

It's possible that server is not discarding/ignoring SMB2_NETNAME_NEGOTIATE_CONTEXT_ID
negotiate context as it should, and rather treating it as an error.

I took a quick look in SLE15-SP3 samba 4.15 code and I didn't spot any
obvious mishandling there (it seems it's not supported yet). Also I
couldn't reproduce the issue with that server.

Maybe it's possible it's a vendor modification?

Cheers,

Enzo

I tried mounting a samba share, and it seems to work fine.