Re: kernel-5.18.8 breaks cifs mounts

On Fri, Jul 1, 2022 at 2:07 AM Enzo Matsumiya <ematsumiya@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> [ ... ]
>
> >16d5d9100927 smb3: use netname when available on secondary channels
> >
> >initally, and reverting it did not help. Reverting
> >
> >ca83f50b43a0 smb3: fix empty netname context on secondary channels
> >
> >makes the mounts work again.
>
> It's possible that server is not discarding/ignoring SMB2_NETNAME_NEGOTIATE_CONTEXT_ID
> negotiate context as it should, and rather treating it as an error.
>
> I took a quick look in SLE15-SP3 samba 4.15 code and I didn't spot any
> obvious mishandling there (it seems it's not supported yet). Also I
> couldn't reproduce the issue with that server.
>
> Maybe it's possible it's a vendor modification?
>

> Cheers,
>
> Enzo

I tried mounting a samba share, and it seems to work fine.

>From the network capture attached, I see that the netname is not
empty, and seems fine.
Negotiate Context: SMB2_NETNAME_NEGOTIATE_CONTEXT_ID
    Type: SMB2_NETNAME_NEGOTIATE_CONTEXT_ID (0x0005)
    DataLength: 30
    Reserved: 00000000
    Netname: odroidxu4.local

Julian,
Will you be able to capture network traces with the two changes
reverted? i.e. when it works for you?

--
Regards,
Shyam