Re: Forced to authenticate with "pre-Windows 2000" logon names

I tried some experiments today with longer usernames (e.g. 32
characters, which is the maximum allowed on the Linux distros I
tried).   mounting with 32 character usernames worked fine (at least
to Samba).  I wouldn't expect anything different to Windows.

I don't remember any recent change to add this support so as long as
you are running a kernel from the last three or four years, hard to
guess what is the issue (if you have evidence like a wireshark trace
or debugging information showing the username getting
remapped/corrupted when passed down that might be helpful)

Can you see the module version (modinfo cifs or "cat
/proc/fs/cifs/DebugData | grep Version") and the kernel version
("uname -a")?

--
Thanks,

Steve