Re: mount.cifs fails but smbclient succeeds

Kernel is 4.19.57. I don't know what the file server is, any way I can
find out from protocol sniffing?

The system is an on-premise VM that I connect to over SSH, I'm worried
I'll kill my connectivity trying to boot it with a 5.1 kernel.

So I'll try running 5.1 locally and tunneling over SSH, and I'll report back.

Wout.