Re: upcalls seem to have problems with symlinks, junctions et al.

On 2/21/2019 8:30 PM, Steve French wrote:
> I have wanted to change this code and improve it for a while - one
> thing which is tricky is showing mode bits when no permissions to read
> permissions though, and we also need to clean up and simplify some of
> this code.   Let's follow up on this in a few days, if you are
> flexible and can install some test patches

Usually links on linux have 777 permissions and aren't
changeable, though things are changing.

As for testing -- should be able, but maybe not
too fast.

Dunno if you rememeber, but I had some probs w/links back
around Feb 2-3 2017...and you asked for a wireshark
trace that I sent on on the 3rd...then we both got
distracted.
(same list)

I sometimes have a long cycle time...you too?  :-)

I could send the dump again... ;-)  Seriously, I went
back to using a single UID mount and that works around
the problem, as in my case I have perms to read all
of the links.

I just recently tried it again -- and hit the same
type of behavior.