Re: Can't mount DFS namespace with mount.cifs

Would be interesting to try with 5.0-rc1 or 5.0-rc2 since those
include Paulo's DFS enhancements, which are particularly exciting if
referrals include more than one server .   Presumably
https://wiki.debian.org/HowToUpgradeKernel has instructions on how to
try upstream kernel's with Debian.

Wireshark trace in the cases you describe can be helpful in very
quickly seeing which server is trying to be contacted during the DFS
referral which is likely as you noted to be resolving to the wrong
host.

--
Thanks,

Steve