Re: Fix for Bug 13107 - two missing files if mount to Windows root (of drive) shares

> Windows doesn't always return . and .. (e.g.) for when you mount to
> equivalent of C$
> this causes first two directory entries to be skipped.  Patch attached
> which seems to fix it (more testing would be appreciated)
>
> I suspect that there is a better way to fix this - anyone see a better
> way.  Problem is that if we rely on ctx->pos to determine where we are
> in the buffer we end up starting on entry 3 in the serach results ...
> but entry 1 and 2 are not always . and .. (as we see in shares in
> windows to the root of a drive).
>
> Any better ideas?
>

> --
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

Can we make SM2_query_directory() and FindFirst() return a predictable
format of output by removing . and .. for the response buffer (if they
exist)? This will allow us to make cifs_readdir() cleaner.

--
Best regards,
Pavel Shilovsky