Re: long name length protection triggering when it shouldn't

On Thu, 26 Oct 2017, Leif Sahlberg wrote:

Can you try that patch and confirm if it fixes the issue for you too ?

I am happy to confirm that the patch fixes the issue for me.

Is it worth trying to figure out why MaxPathNameComponentLength is not being set correctly? For me, it seems to be set correctly when I use different mount options (either a different sec= option, or when using multiuser).

Do you expect the proposed patch to be the eventual fix that ends up in a released kernel?

Thanks,
Jack