From: "Jack Hill" <jackhill@xxxxxxxx>
To: linux-cifs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, 27 October, 2017 8:13:27 AM
Subject: long name length protection triggering when it shouldn't

Hi,

I believe that I'm having a problem where the checks in
5ed70f7db9afe5e4e5cc1fa2239676e3b2d2c5b2 for file name length are
triggering when they shouldn't be. I see this problem on a normal Debian
Stretch system where the patch in question was introduced in Debian's
linux-image-4.9.0-4-amd64 kernel. I believe that the errors about file
name length are erroneous because I see no problems when using a prior
kernel. As an added twist, I only see this problem when using the sec=krb5
option. If I use sec=ntlmv2, the problem does not occur. I am looking for
advice on how to troubleshoot further.

More information can be found in a post I made to a different list about
this issue
<https://trilug.org/pipermail/trilug/Week-of-Mon-20171023/077662.html>.

Thanks,
Jack