Re: SMB3: Add xattr support to SMB3 and a bug fix

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 4:13 PM, Steve French <smfrench@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ok - with git request pull I end up with the branch name rather than
> the  equivalent signed tag in the pull request - so will fix these up
> manually to not show the branch but rather than tag

You either have a really old version of git, or you're using git
request-pull wrong.

You should just state the thing you want me to pull. So it should look
something like

    git request-pull linus git://git.samba.org/sfrench/cifs-2.6.git
4.14-smb3-xattr-enable

and it should do the right thing - which includes verifying that the
tag in question actually exists on the remote end etc.

(Of course, the above assumes that "linus" points to some branch that
is my upstream, I don't actually know what your exact repository
situation is, it might be "origin" or whatever depending on how you
set things up)

            Linus