Re: SMB2: Enforce sec= mount option

Sachin Prabhu wrote:
If the security type specified using a mount option is not supported,
the SMB2 session setup code changes the security type to RawNTLMSSP. We
should instead fail the mount and return an error.
---
Saw the comment by Steve F, and it got me to thinking.
Please take this as a suggestion or idea...  I'm not
heavily committed to a single solution, at this point, as
haven't really thought through all of the ramifications.

Is it possible to add a 'prefix' or 'suffix', like an
"=" sign or a '+' -- to mean:

'=' = exactly this 'sec' level
'+' = this 'sec'-level or greater
'<' = less than or equal to this sec-level
---
Using the symbols is a similar idea to some fields in
'find' where +/- are used to indicate greater or less than
the stated number.

I'm not sure about the symbols, exactly, but I know in samba I
ask for smb2 for the protocol and more often than not, only
get smb1, but I'd rather have it work than fail.

Since I'm on a closed net, I'd have to say the same for
security options, but I'd like to have a choice to force it
if I wanted to...

Anyway -- just an idea that might offer more flexibility than just
'fail'...