Re: cifs_upcall dns_resolver

This is probably a Linux distribution configuration choice, better to
ask your distro maintainers.   DNS_RESOLVER is automatically selected
if CIFS_UPCALL (since 2010, so it has been there a long time) is
selected (and if KEYS is not available then CIFS_UPCALL won't be
selected).

>From fs/cifs/Kconfig
 86 config CIFS_UPCALL
 87     bool "Kerberos/SPNEGO advanced session setup"
 88     depends on CIFS && KEYS
 89     select DNS_RESOLVER

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 3:08 AM, LEROY Christine 208562
<Christine.LEROY2@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering why the cifs_upcall is not configured by default with the dns_resolver on linux kernel 2.6.32 (at least)  ?
> We had windelinks on our CIFS server and it took many times for us to understand the problem not accesing these widelinks.
> Is there some security issue or ??
> Thanks in advance,
> Cheers
> Christine