cifs_upcall dns_resolver

Hello,

I was wondering why the cifs_upcall is not configured by default with the dns_resolver on linux kernel 2.6.32 (at least)  ?
We had windelinks on our CIFS server and it took many times for us to understand the problem not accesing these widelinks.
Is there some security issue or ??
Thanks in advance,
Cheers
Christine