Re: cifs SRV record

On Thu, 2014-06-19 at 09:39 -0700, Bob Balsover wrote:
> Steve, DFS should still work.  The server address is resolved by the
> kernel cifs code and the share will be resolved correctly.
>
> -Bob

Hi
But we don't want to have to specify the server. We want the share to be
either of the servers in the domain containing our synced data. Hence (I
think) your suggestion of DFS.

I know that on windows you can specify
\\domain\share
and dfs will find any server in the domain that has the share.

1. Can samba/cifs servers be configured to do that?
2. Can Linux clients mount such configurations?
3. Is there a howto?

Thanks,
Steve