Re: Mounting error after upgrading to wheezy - Changes in mount.cifs from 4.5 to 5.5?

I doubt that the sec=ntlm would make much of a difference but would be
interesting to see what the access denied is coming back on - since
from what you describe listing the contents of the root directory of
the share should be permitted to both users so this is not an access
denied on top of prefixpath issue as we had seen a few years ago.

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 7:10 AM, Philipp Flesch <philipp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi from Munich,
> we have some special issues with the current cifs-utils (5.5) in Debian
> Wheezy.
>
> A lot of our (raw) logfiles are stored on a Windows 2008 R2 fileserver,
> while we use Debian to generate the reports.
>
> The share is available as
> \\fs01\Share
>
> while the logfiles can be found in special subdirs
> DepartmentA\Stats
>
> We use a seperate user "stats_user" to access the files. This user has no
> "listing-rights“ above the final "\Stats" directory.
>
> Using Windows 7, everything works fine...
> \\fs01\Share\DepartmentA\Stats can be directly mounted to an local drive...
>
> Using cifs-utils (4.5) in Squeeze everything works fine, too!
> mount -t cifs //fs01/Share/DepartmentA/stats /mnt/DepartmentA_stats -o
> user=stats_user,domain=xy,password='xyz'
> makes all files accessible from Debian.
>
> Using the same mount-command with the same user, we got a "permission
> denied".
> Retrying with a default-user (with listing-rights) the subdirectory is
> mounted without any errors...
>
> Are there any big changes between 4.5 and 5.5 which can cause this error? Is
> there a solution, to avoid the issue?
>
> Thank you very much
>
> Philipp
>
> --