Re: CIFS mounts become inaccessible with "Send error in SessSetup = -128"

Hi Steve,

I guess my system is not behaving as it is supposed to.  Here is what I have in /etc/request-key.d/cifs.spnego.conf

create  cifs.spnego    * * /usr/sbin/cifs.upcall %k

However, I definitely must kinit -k and get a tgt in order to connect.  It doesn't seem to work automatically as you described.  That's not a problem, I can just kinit automatically.  But the problem I'm having is that without periodically accessing the share, CIFS stops being able to access the share and I get "Key has been revoked" and "CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -128".

So maybe the issue is related to what you say, CIFS is not doing the kinit/getting the service principal on its own except right when autofs is started.  It doesn't seem to renew its service principals.

Thanks,
Doug