Re: CIFS mounts become inaccessible with "Send error in SessSetup = -128"

On Fri, 2013-07-12 at 16:50 -0700, Doug Clow wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> Thanks for the help.  So here's where I'm at now:
>
> - I already had hostname$ in my keytab and both cifs.spnego and dns_resolver in my /etc/request-key.d
> - I tried stopping k5start but if I kdestroy and then try to connect it fails so it seems for my setup I do need to have the tgt active to connect
> - Before I had cruid=0 so I changed that to username=hostname$ and I will see if it works when the job runs tonight

I think the user running the cron will need tickets too. Maybe give
hostname$ a posixAccount and uidNumber, and add him to group root? (or
whoever runs the cron)

To mount the cifs share _you_ don't need a ticket. To access it, yes.
e.g. if you logged in and tried to access the share but it wasn't
mounted, it would mount using hostname$, then you would get your cifs
ticket. I'm not sure what you mean when you say 'try to connect'. There
seem to be 2 issues, accessing via ssh and the automounter.
Cheers