Re: Linux 3.2.17 and netapp 8.1

On 05/14/2012 07:15 PM, Jeff Layton wrote:

BTW: I've seen prototype SMB2 support in git tress pushed in october.
Any plan to submit something upstream?

Thanks for your support,

Yes, we're working on it. I think we've come to some consensus on a
basic design and I believe Pavel is now working to forward-port the
previous patches to that design.

OK. Will wait then. Any chance it might helps with the netapp?

In Netapps defense Ontap 8.1 is an early release which are known to be buggy.
Well its been released around february if google can be trusted and what this says is that netapp don't care about Linux support at all and do not even perform basic test with linux client. I'm rather sure we asked about linux compatibility before moving from 7.xx to 8.01.

-- eric