Re: async read patchset test results

2011/10/19 Steve French <smfrench@xxxxxxxxx>:
> If the session could continue after an incorrect checksum (ie retry
> the operation
> that failed due to the network error/corruption)
> then there would be significant advantage in not taking the session down.
> In practice would that request time out and get killed and retried?

As cifs_check_receive doesn't return any error if checksum doesn't
match the original, readpages continues the read-ahead process and
nothing else happens (I mean the request isn't time out, get killed
and retried).

So, if we don't kill the session in this case, we can simply return
-EAGAIN and let the calling routine retry the operation itself.
Thoughts?

--
Best regards,
Pavel Shilovsky.