Re: --enable-cifsidmap [default=no]

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 10:40 AM, Elias Pipping <pipping@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> configure.ac from cifs-utils 5.0 contains
>
>  AC_ARG_ENABLE(cifsidmap,
>          [AC_HELP_STRING([--enable-cifsidmap],
>                          [Create cifs.idmap binary @<:@default=no@:>@])],
>          enable_cifsidmap=$enableval,
>          enable_cifsidmap="maybe")

I think this is correct instead of outright no.  If you do not specify
either --enable-cifsidmap or --disable-idmap, by default the
option is enabled and dependent things are built provided
needed headers and libraries are installed, if they are not,
enable_cifsidmap becomes "no" and so does
CONFIG_CIFSIDMAP become false.

If you changed it to enable_cifsidmap="no", by default it is
nothing related gets built even if you requisite headers and
libraries installed.