Re: mids and cifs sendrcv2

2011/4/15 Steve French <smfrench@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I think nested mid structures (around a base of common mid fields)
> like the above is going to be the easiest way to handle the differences.
>
> I don't understand your PROTOCOL_ID #define though - we
> identify smb2 vs. cifs via a bool in the tcp server info struct,
> and presumably if we don't have access to the tcp server
> info struct we would have to add a field in the base mid
> (struct mid_q_entry) that indicates smb2 vs. cifs..

I've just thought about to share tcp_server_info struct between
different protocol connections. So, we can use cifs and smb2
connection on the same server and don't keep two socket connections.
What do you think about to store protocol_id in ses_info rather that
tcp_server_info?

--
Best regards,
Pavel Shilovsky.