Re: Severe performance issue (Ubuntu 10.04 mounting an XP share)

On 07/06/2010 04:54 PM, James Green wrote:
> On 5 July 2010 14:32, Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> You may be right, but unfortunately I can't do much beyond tell you
>> what I think is happening now. It's certainly possible there was a
>> change in the cifs code that is tickling a server-side bug.
>>
>> I think 0xC0000064 == NO_SUCH_USER, so there may be some sort of
>> problem with authentication.
>
> I've rebooted using 2.6.28 and phpunit is far, far faster (although
> not as quick as it could be). Instead of 4m30s or more, I just ran it
> at 48s.
>
> Somewhere between .28 and .32 I suspect a regression causing massive
> performance penalties. It would be interesting to see if this was
> limited to mounting XP shares, I might have a go later.

I'm not sure whether this could be seen an performance issue, sounds
more like a bug which results in server dropping packets.

Could you please compare the network traces between the suspected
versions and observe the difference?

Thanks,

--
Suresh Jayaraman