Protocol recommendation for CAN(FD)-USB adapter

My team and I have designed and developed
a new CAN(FD) adapter based on ESP32S3 and MCP2518fd
primarily aimed at ECU firmware reprogramming,
but eventually also for the use as OBD2-adapter,
CAN-logger, etc.

The next incarnation will also have a
USB interface and I’m planning the necessary
changes for its firmware.

I would like it to be compatible with SocketCAN
out of the box — optimally without writing a
Linux driver, but rather reusing an existing one.

Which of the mainline SocketCAN drivers would you recommend
basing my USB protocol on? From a quick glance,
I’m leaning towards GS-USB, since this already
supports different hardware families.

Best regards,

Michael Lauer.

[Index of Archives]     [Automotive Discussions]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [CAN Bus]