Re: [RFC 0/6] pcmcia: separate 16-bit support from cardbus

On 2/27/23 14:38, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
Is this the Cardbus or the PCMCIA version of the BCM4306 device? As far
as I understand this particular chip can be wired up either way inside
of the card, and the PowerBook G4 supports both types of devices.

If it's the PCMCIA version, then dropping support for it was the idea
of the patch series that we can debate, but if it was the Cardbus version
that broke, then this was likely a bug I introduced by accident.

Arnd,

The BCM4306 is internal, and wired directly to the PCI bus. My understanding is that the BCM4318 is a cardbus device. It definitely shows up in an lspci scan.

Larry

[Index of Archives]     [Automotive Discussions]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [CAN Bus]