AW: AW: RE: mcp251xfd: rx frame truncation (1/2)

> Taken from one of your traces is data below We have a tef fifo size of 4, so yeah in this scenario it's expected to have TEF full situations. A larger
> TEF/Faster SPI/better SPI utilization would all reduce the occurrence of the issue.

I was pretty sure that my application never has more than three frames on the fly - having sent
three frames I wait for the first to be arrived before I sent the next.

However, it seems that the RX IRQ processing is faster than than the TX IRQ
processing and I am sending the next frame when the TX event fifo has not yet
been read.

As "buffer full" is no error (as opposed to buffer overflow), should this really be
a non debug kernel message? Some other means of getting such statistics appreciated
(see my posting " mcp251xfd diagnostic outputs").

--
Stefan

[Index of Archives]     [Automotive Discussions]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [CAN Bus]