RE: AW: RE: mcp251xfd: rx frame truncation (1/2)

> > Damn shit. The error triggered right soon after you last email. It took
> > two more errors until I learned that is a good idea to save in native format
> > first, and then attempt to export to vcd (which tends to hang).
>
> doh!
>
> > This time the frame in question was truncated to 4 bytes. The other cases it
> was
> > always truncated to 20 bytes.
> >
> > The regdumps were taken quite a while after the error.
>
> I managed to load the VCD into pulseview, decode the SPI and even my old
> mcp251xfd decoder shows something.

Thanks for the captures!

The bad data is on the SPI bus (corrupted DLC, everything else seems to be ok. SPI CRC is also fine (matches the wrong data). The chip sending the faulty DLC is busy at the time with the CAN CRC. Will try to re-create the timing and find out what's going on.

Thomas

[Index of Archives]     [Automotive Discussions]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [CAN Bus]