Re: [RFC v3] c_can: improve latency and avoid packet loss

Yeah, I also think the current split (8TX) is good and will probably
work for most applications.

Thanks,
Elenita

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 1:06 PM Kurt Van Dijck
<dev.kurt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On di, 07 jan 2020 10:58:26 -0600, Elenita Hinds wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I've been testing version 4 of this patch series on our product and it
> > looks good so far (only 1 packet loss at the beginning of each tests
> > after hours of run, which is insignificant). On my end, the 64 message
> > objects plus setting the TI chip's CPU frequency scaling/governor to
> > 'performance' (from ondemand which apparently had issues)  made a huge
> > difference.
>
> Thanks for sharing your results. It confirms that it really improved.
> >
> > I'm assuming there is no other way to make the RX/TX split configurable?
>
> I understood from Marc on 17 Dec that one would want to avoid large HW
> queues.
> Making it configurable from Kconfig seems not appropriate.
> From device-tree seems possible.
> I considered that 8 TX queue is good enough, and assign the
> remaining HW space to recv.
>
> I honestly see no reason anymore to make it adustable, other than
> that I choose a bad fixed value.
> How would you want to make the tx/rx split?
>
> Kind regards,
> Kurt

[Index of Archives]     [Automotive Discussions]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [CAN Bus]