Re: Mainline status for "can/bcm: Replace hrtimer_tasklet with softirq based hrtimer"?

Oliver,

On Sun, 11 Aug 2019, Oliver Hartkopp wrote:

> I'm monitoring this patch from Thomas & Anna-Maria for nearly two years now -
> and I also gave my Acked-by some time ago.
>
> As Tom is continuously applying th patch to the RT trees:
>
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rt/linux-stable-rt.git/commit/net/can?h=v4.14-rt-rebase&id=49e2a1e5fef75738f536c0ed0fea9b6c1f3b46c1
>
> Are there any plans to push this patch to mainline Linux or will this patch be
> applied together with a huge patch set when RT completely gets into mainline?
>
> We can also use the common upstream process via linux-can mailing list.

I was assuming this goes through the can/net process. So TBH, I did not pay
attention as this was not using that old crufty hrtimer_tasklet() construct
which we removed.

But yes, the patch makes sense independent of RT anyway as it removes one
level of indirection.

Thanks,

	Thomas

[Index of Archives]     [Automotive Discussions]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [CAN Bus]