SocketCAN driver for ELM327

Dear [linux-can] developers,

Could you please let me know your opinion on mainlining the following effort?

I have written a SocketCAN driver for ELM327 based OBD-II diagnostics adapters, which can be used as half-duplex, low-throughput CAN adapters in non-critical (i.e. hobby) applications.

What is special about them is that they are cheap and ubiquitous, and thus my hope is to enable more people to play with CAN setups. For low-throughput data logging or quick spoofing of a button press, this adapter is sufficient.

They can be used in non-OBD-II applications by simply re-soldering/using the CAN pins on the OBD-II plug (and possibly removing any internal termination resistors).

If this piques your interest, I'd appreciate a glance at my current out-of-tree repo:

  https://github.com/norly/elmcan

And if there is interest, I'll package it up as a patch for the mainline tree, and send it to this mailing list for further discussion.

Apologies for any rookie mistakes - please let me know when you find them.

Thanks

Max

[Index of Archives]     [Automotive Discussions]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [CAN Bus]