Symlink cache invalidation issue

Hi,

There appears to be a bug with cache invalidation and symlinks.

I have subdirectories "scripts" and "bin" in my NFS export.  I have a python script "scripts/my_script.py" and then a symlink "bin/my_script" which is a relative symlink that resolves to "../scripts/my_script.py".

I updated the script from one of the NFS clients, and now the other clients that already have a cached copy will only return the old stale data. The cached copy is from accessing the symlink rather than the actual file. I have to unmount the NFS share and remount without the "fsc" option to get the new version.

I am running Ubuntu 16.04 with kernel 4.4.0-143-generic.

Thanks,
Brendan