Re: Does fs-cache work in conjunction with NFS4 + Kerberos?

Am Freitag 10 September 2010, 11:53:48 schrieben Sie:
> Hans Meine <meine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > all. At the server side, there is simply a hierarchy of ZFS partitions
> > (because a per-user quota has to be mapped to per-partition quotas, so
> > every user got a separate ZFS partition) mounted below the NFS-exported
> > directory.
>
> That sounds like a fairly straightforward FSID transition.  NFS creates a
> new superblock for that, and should propagate the FSC option across.

OK, that sounds fine.

> What kernel are you using on the client?

Citing my original post: I am using Gentoo's 2.6.31-gentoo-r6-default linux
sources, with everything fscache-related (except the _DEBUG options) enabled.

I can also try a vanilla kernel if you prefer, but I would not have installed
the gentoo version if they deviated much from the original.
(See http://dev.gentoo.org/~mpagano/genpatches/about.htm - they really don't
add drivers or features except possibly for their live CDs.)

Anyhow, 2.6.31 is not too new anymore, so updating sounds like a good option.
Is the FSC option propagation independent of nfs-utils?

Greetings,
  Hans