Re: Does fs-cache work in conjunction with NFS4 + Kerberos?

Hans Meine <meine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> More background: I am mounting a main directory from an OpenSolaris
> fileserver which transparently(?) automounts a large number if (per-user)
> ZFS partitions as subdirectories.

What do you mean by automounts?  Are you using some sort of referral?

Also, can you check to see if cachefilesd is still running?  You should have a
message in the log if it has crashed from the cache going offline, but if you
can check anyway.

My guess is that only your 'automount point' volume is being cached, and
directories (and referrals) aren't actually cached.

David