Re: [Linux-cachefs] Data Redundancy

gaurav <gaurav1207@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> sorry but i wanted to know exactly two points :
> 1) Is default page cache(means not useing MMAP_SHARED()) is shareable among
> different user level process .

The pagecache is shared between all processes.  If MAP_PRIVATE is used, then
pages in a private mapping *may* be shared up until those pages are written to.

> 2)Is default page cache(means not useing MMAP_SHARED()) is shareable among
> diffrent protection domain(means kernel and user adrress space)
> thank you

I'm not sure your question makes any sense.

The kernel does things *to* the pagecache directly, but doesn't make use of it,
unless bits of it are passed as data to various system calls.  Also, in
general, there's no way of stopping the kernel from trampling on the pagecache
at will if it wants to.

I believe it differs to the M$ Windows kernel in that respect, if that's what
you're thinking of.

David