Re: [Linux-cachefs] Data Redundancy

hello every1

sorry but i wanted to know exactly two points :
1) Is default page cache(means not useing MMAP_SHARED()) is shareable among
different user level process .

2)Is default page cache(means not useing MMAP_SHARED()) is shareable among
diffrent protection domain(means kernel and user adrress space)
thank you

On 11/20/06, David Howells <dhowells@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

gaurav <gaurav1207@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   i wanted to know that in linux 2.6 kernel is the data copying still
> there.. in detail whenever any file is accessed from the disk by any
> application program via kernel the file is copied into the kernel
cache.. i
> wanted to know that whether another copy of that data is copied in the
user
> space also or not???

I'm not sure what you're asking exactly, but CacheFiles still copies data
between pages belonging to, say, NFS and pages belonging to, say, Ext3
when
the data is read from the server (cold cache), and then copies them back
again
when there's a warm cache available.

I'd like to use direct I/O, but the current direct I/O internal interface
really isn't set up to do this: it assumes a userspace address to copy
to/from.

David