Re: [Linux-cachefs] Writing to the cache

I am using 2.6.17 and yes, I am using cachefiles. I don't think it is
the problem of the patches itself since it works great with nfs. This
problem happens only when my module directly calls fscache_write_page.
After that, I try to copy the same file (this file should be in the
cache by now) from the nfs server. However, the client cannot find the
file from the cache. Do I have to somehow inform the nfs client that
the file is in the cache already?

Derek

Derek Siu <golf1123@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> After I called fscache_write_page to write a page to the cache, I
> called both the fscache_read_or_alloc_page and
> fscache_read_or_alloc_pages. Only the first function can find the
> page. The second function returns ENODATA. Do I have to do anything
> after calling fscache_write_page? I've read through the nfs source but
> I can't find any special functions being called after
> fscache_write_page.

It's always possible that the backing file (I presume you are using cachefiles)
got deleted, though if it does this every time, that would seem surprising.

What version of kernel and patches are you using?

David