Re: Hi, Needs suggestions for finding and fixing stack/memory corruption when calling a function

Hi Andrej,

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 3:45 PM, Andrej Gelenberg
<andrej.gelenberg@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> heap, stack, buffer overflow? multiple threads? It is bit difficult to
> suggest something without some code. Have you tried to use gdb or
> valgrind? (do someone know if valgrind work on arm?)

Thanks for replying.

There is _no_ threading only while(1) loop, we have multiple processes
communicating through pipes but this problem is happening only in one
process hence I am assuming that something local to that process is
corrupting memory.

Our root-filesystem don't have gdb support and I think valgrind is
_not_ supported on arm :(

Is there any possibility that the problem is related to some compiler
optimization or something along that line ? We are using gcc-4.2.0
based tool-chain and Linux kernel 2.6.29.

I can't post the code due to two main reasons: -- Its closed source
and its too big and I don't think that anyone wants to look at code
with around 20 cpp files and each file has hundreds of lines of code.

Regards,

Fawad Lateef