Re: EAGAIN with read

On Dec 7, 2007 12:27 AM, Saurabh Sehgal <saurabh.r.s@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the reply .. right now, i was reading and checking for the
> errno EAGAIN, but my loop would prematurely exit. I later found out
> that the errnor returned by read was ECHILD ... looking at the read(3)
> manpages ... this errno is not mentioned
>
> But since the process that is supposed to write to the pipe is a
> forked processs .. does that change anything ?

Sorry for the delay...

Looks like you have other problems with your code.  I suppose you're
calling wait(2)/waitpid(2)?  Could you please post the code in
question? Otherwise I fail to see what could be wrong.

        \Steve

PS: Please, do not top post as it makes it diffcult to follow the
conversion.  Thanks.

-