Re: strange message received after posting to here

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 12:08:20 +0100
Glynn Clements <glynn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One of the subscribed accounts is on a broken mail server which sends
> bounce messages back to the "author" (i.e. the person posting the
> message) rather than to the envelope sender (the listserv address,
> linux-c-programming-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx).
>
> On a popular list (e.g. bugtraq), you can easily get a dozen or more
> bogus replies for each post (more if you post during common vacation
> times, due to broken auto-responders).
>
> --
> Glynn Clements <glynn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

possbly there's more to this. i get all responding messages to the list
(and only the messages responding to my messages) twice, one time from
the 'author' and another time from the listserv. possibly your listserv
is strangely configured and remarking the original author's address in
the reply-to list so that responding messages are sent to both listserv
and the original author.

regards,
dennis heuer
-