Serial Reading

Hello all,

I'm trying to read data from a "tty" one character at a time. I'd like that
when a single byte was inputed on one side of my tty, it imediataly must be
read by my user space program on the otherside. It is not happening in my
environment and I belive the cause is a buffer in the tty driver. I'd like
to know if it could be happening, I mean, could a tty be buffering data
before send to user space, and if so, what can I do to inform the tty
driver not buffering data anymore?
Thanks.

Ronaldo Z. Afonso
Software Engineering